The purpose of the Health & Safety Subcommittee is to address health and safety needs of people experiencing homelessness throughout the Marion-Polk region; to align Continuum of Care health and safety efforts with other community and system-based health and safety work benefitting the same population; to develop and strengthen partnerships between the Continuum of Care, health care systems, health care providers, and homeless service providers; to contribute to the implementation and revision of the Continuum of Care’s strategic plan, as it relates to health and safety; and to work with the CoC Collaborative Committee to recommend policies to the board of directors.
In fulfilling its purpose, the Health & Safety Subcommittee will also:
- Assess the unmet health and safety needs of people experiencing homelessness;
- Identify metrics to measure progress toward meeting unmet needs;
- Strengthen collaboration for coordinated care/care management and between outreach workers and health care providers;
- Educate stakeholders; and
- Advocate for system improvements.
The Health & Safety Subcommittee is a subcommittee of the CoC Collaborative Committee.
Stephanie Jensen, Program Manager, Willamette Health Council