The Youth & Young Adults Subcommittee meets on the third Friday of the month, 9:30-11:00 a.m. and is open to all who commit to work on one or more of the following goals:
- Develop a Coordinated Entry system for youth that blends into the system for adults.
- Expand street-level and other forms of community outreach to better engage youth experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness.
- Establish a Host Home program that fits the needs in communities in the Marion-Polk region.
- Improve local youth data, starting with the Point In Time (PIT) Count in January 2020.
- Advocate for the use of and funding for evidence-based practices addressing youth homelessness.
- Amplify and develop voices of youth & young adults with lived experience by creating opportunities to engage and cultivate leadership.
The Youth & Young Adults Subcommittee is facilitated by Tricia Frizzell, HOME Youth Services and Shanta Frisbee, Northwest Human Services HOST Program.